Love the quote from the House hearings: “You can’t promote principled anti-corruption action without pissing off corrupt people, ” by George Kent when he testified before Congress today.
LOOKING AHEAD: 11/30/19 SATURDAY 9 am. 2 Mile TURKEY TROT. S/F by Bolinas Museum at 48 Wharf Rd, Bolinas. Check web site: Bolinasmuseum .org for more details. I will be there to time the event and look forward to seeing some of you participate in this funky, fun event. Baked goods provided at the end. It pays to pre-register if you want to save entry fee money.
Missed seeing some of our group at the Redwood 5K last Sunday; was a good race to establish your running fitness benchmark. A similar race distance ( though 4.5 miles) is coming up in December with the Christmas Relays (12/15). Teams consist of four runners, each running 4.5M around Lake Merced. It will help the Tamalpa Club age/sex division captains to have you commit to the event in advance to make the pre-reg deadlines (we can take advantage of a lower entry fee).
11/12/19 TUESDAY….no GG Bridge Hill Repeats this day; will likely be run the next Tuesday, 11/19/19.
11/13/19 WEDNESDAY 8 am MADISON AV GYM workout with Kees at Warren’s.. Warm-up, mobility exercises interspersed with a total of 100 kettlebell swings; two rounds of weight training Circuit, and finish with barbell or hex bar deadlifts.
11/20/19 THURSDAY 8 am TRACK at COM. After warm-up run, 6-8 x 20 meters, 2 x 100 (100):
Two rounds of: (600 (200), 400 (on 3′), 200 (200), 2 x 150 (50)).. 600 at 5K race pace, 400 at a one second faster; 200 and 150’s at mile pace.
11/22/19 SATURDAY 8 am start for HILL REPEATS/Cross Training/ Loaded Carries & sprints, finish with deadlifts. Held at Olivett Seminary College off Seminary Drive. Get in warm-up run and be ready to go where exercise stations are set up at second level. Note: those who are interested in learning the weights; this is a good day to do practice Loaded Carries, learn how to use the kettlebells, how to do trap bar deadlift, and lateral movement resistance band work.
- “DGB Jacks” x 15, then Mt. Climbers x 15 (30 reps total) / 5 hill repeats
- L/R Torso Rotations x 8; “Man makers” x 5/ 5 hill repeats
- DB Burpee & row x 6 ; “Russian Twists” x 8 / 5 Hill repeats
- DB Thrusters x 10 / 5 Hill Repeats
This is followed by 30 meter pickups before each Loaded Carries, followed by Trap bar ( or Hex Bar) Deadlifts limited to 10 reps or less).
Joining in so far: Lisa L, Shirley D, Judi S,
MINI WORKOUTS if completing an exercise once per day:
1). At home : 3 Rounds of: Barbell Deadlifts or Hex bar Deadlifts 6-4-4-3 and Wipers: 20-15-15-20.
2) In the gym: PVC or barbell O’Head Squats x 5; Erg Row 250 meters ; BB Wipers x 20 (with 75 -95 lbs for women; for men 95# to 135# barbell. When working out solo complete the first round of three exercises, take a pause; then complete the second round, pause; complete the final round. If you have a workout partner or two; even better. The group energy is a plus! I mean, we’re supposed to have fun also.